I took off two weeks from work over the holidays. As usual, I had all sorts of big plans about what I was going to do in all my free time. And, as usual, I accomplished about 30% of what I set out to do. I spent the first week writing instructables about building the cheese press and holiday baby hands. At the beginning of the second week Molly and I did a round of de-cluttering in the living room and the kitchen. While looking at ways to make the kitchen storage more efficient I came up with all sorts of ideas about building drawers in the lower cabinets and adding another layer on top of the uppers to contain the overflow of storage sitting up there. I didn’t get either of those projects done though. I did make a simple organizer for the cabinet that holds the plastic bags and rolls of stuff- parchment paper, tinfoil, plastic wrap, etc.
This area has been bugging me for the past 8 years. Everything has just been piled on top of each other and usually when you take something out a tsunami of boxes and bags follow.
I got some scrap wood and drywall screws (my favorite medium to work in) and put together a shelf divider that works much better. Everything is contained and easily accessible.